Tuesday, November 24, 2009

NEW SCULPTURE_______ Title: Retreat


New Years Eve, 2009-2010 Jennifer, Diane, and Terry



Bronze, ready to pour at 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit




Cast elements




The New Sculpture


Title: Retreat 17 x 12 x5 inches
Unique cast bronze on travertine stone





Title: Infinity Plow 12 x 15 x 7 inches
Unique cast and fabricated bronze




All drawings are from Sketchbook #25 - 2009
First conceptual drawing was created in sketchbook on August, 2009.
The drawings came from the premise that an ancient hero retreated, leaving his battle equipment behind.


First drawing: Retreat




Drawing made to establish some crude proportions, (crude because I never intended this sculpture to have any accuracy, and I suspect that it is not based on reality).



Drawings for the "strap on wings", boots and helmet



Wax patterns: wings, armor, boots and helmet






Drawing: Searching for a composition or an arrangement.





Wax pattern details



Wax patterns

I'm working to finish all wax patterns in time to cast and finish, making this sculpture my last for 2009.

3 comments:

  1. Very good...glad to see you working on a new one. I really like the progression of steps it takes to bring it all into being, not something you always get to see...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, for some reason, I'm only seeing "The New Sculture" today. I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete